King Island Landcare
Kittawa Lodge Raffle
Terms & Conditions:
1. Eligibility: The raffle (the "Raffle") is only open to those who purchase tickets www.raffletix.com.au/kittawa23, or in person by approved sellers on King Island (King Island Cultural Centre). The Raffle is open Australia-wide, and is void where prohibited by law. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Agreement to Rules: By purchasing a ticket or tickets to the Raffle, the contestant ("You") agree to comply with and abide by these terms and conditions and the decisions of King Island Landcare (the “Promotor”). In addition, you agree to accept the Promotor’s decisions as final and binding as it relates to the content of the Raffle. You should look solely to the Sponsor with any questions, comments or issues related to the Raffle.
3. Entry Period: The Raffle begins on 22.03.23 at 4:00pm AEDT and ends on 29.04.23 at 8:00pm AEDT (the "Entry Period"). Raffle tickets purchased before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
4. How to Enter: The Raffle must be entered by purchasing a ticket using the online platform provided at www.raffletix.com.au/kittawa23, or in person by approved sellers on King Island (King Island Cultural Centre). The ticket must fulfil all requirements of the Raffle, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications of the Raffle may be disqualified at the sole discretion of King Island Landcare and the Sponsor. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules of the Raffle, your submission may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
5. Prizes: There will only be one winner of the Raffle (the "Winner"), and the Winner will receive the following prize:
- 2-nights accommodation in a one-bedroom lodge at Kittawa Lodge, King Island, for up to 2 adults.
- Gourmet breakfast provisions and snacks throughout your stay.
Freshly prepared lunch daily.
- Gourmet dinner provisions, together with a recipe card, for you to create a memorable meal in your fully-equipped kitchen each evening.
- To be redeemed within 12-months of the close of the Raffle.
Actual/appraised value of prizes may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Promotor. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the Promotor’s sole and absolute discretion. The prize is non-transferable and personal to You. Substitution of the prize or transfer/assignment of the prize to others or request for the cash equivalent of the prize by the Winner is not permitted. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Promotor to use the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Raffle tickets purchased and received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: The Winner will be selected by random draw under the supervision of the Promotor. The Winner will be notified within 7 days of the Winner’s selection. The Promotor shall have no liability for a Winner's failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings and/or for a Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, and/or fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release (if required), the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt of the prize offered in the Raffle by the Winner is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Any violation of these official rules by the Winner at the Promotor’s sole and absolute discretion will result in the Winner's disqualification as the winner, and all privileges as the winner will be immediately terminated.
8. Rights Granted by the Entrant: By entering content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.) as part of or in connection with the Raffle, You understand and agree that the Promotor (and anyone acting on behalf of the Promotor), and each and every one of the businesses offering prize as part of the Raffle (and any of their respective employees, contractors, consultants, agents, licensees, successors and assigns), shall have the right, to the maximum extent permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, contact details, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Raffle, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Kittawa Lodge (A.S. N.S. PTY LTD ATF A.S N.S TRUST) from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Kittawa Lodge (A.S. N.S. PTY LTD ATF A.S N.S TRUST) may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms and Conditions: The Promotor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Raffle should virus, bug, non-authorised human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Promotor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Raffle. In such cases, the Promotor may select a winner(s) from eligible tickets received before and/or after the action taken by the Promotor if appropriate. The Promotor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Raffle or website or violates these terms and conditions. The Promotor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Raffle, to void entries for any reason. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Raffle may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Promotor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering the Raffle, you agree to, and shall, release and hold harmless the Promotor and Kittawa Lodge (A.S. N.S. PTY LTD ATF A.S N.S TRUST) and their directors, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Raffle and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the Raffle; (iii) electronic or human error in the administration of the Raffle or the processing of entries; (iv) technical errors of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (v) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or internet service; (vi) printing errors; (vii) lost, late, postage due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail.
11. Disputes: The Raffle is governed by the laws of Tasmania, Australia, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. By participating in the Raffle, you agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Raffle, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Australia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering the Raffle). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. The Raffle is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Reddit, Pinterest, LinkedIn or any other social networks that are used to share the Raffle. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promotor and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Reddit, Pinterest, LinkedIn or any other social networks.
13. Acceptance of Rules: By participating in the Raffle, You have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of these terms and conditions.
14. The winner of the Raffle will be contacted directly by the Promotor via email or phone only – please be aware of spam accounts and the Promotor takes no responsibility, and shall not be responsible, for any scams arising from or in connection with the Raffle.
15. The Raffle, and the stay and accommodation inclusions offered as part of the Raffle, will be subject to availability and is only available for stays in 2023 and, in any event, will be subject to the terms and conditions of Kittawa Lodge (which can be found at https://kittawalodge.com/website-terms-and-conditions/). By entering the Raffle, you agree to these terms and conditions and will comply with these terms and conditions. Any prize which has not been converted to a confirmed stay at Kittawa Lodge (evidenced by a reservation confirmation email from Kittawa Lodge in Your name, for a stay wholly within the 2023 calendar year), shall immediately and without notice be forfeited. It is not the Promotor’s or Kittawa Lodge’s responsibility to contact You to convert your prize – this is your sole responsibility.
16. All of the inclusions offered as part of the Raffle will be made available to you during your stay at Kittawa Lodge (unless the Promotor advises you otherwise). You will be responsible for any charges, fees and expenses suffered or incurred by you in addition to the inclusions specifically listed in the Raffle (including, without limitation, bar purchases and the like). Flights and car hire are not included in the prize and are your responsibility.
17. By entering the Raffle, you agree to the retention and use of your personal details (including your contact details) which you provide in connection with the Raffle by the Promotor and all other businesses offering inclusions in the Raffle, including for marketing and promotional purposes.